Professional printing, maker spirit. The 3D printer that can be assembled in less than an hour.
EIGENSCHAPPEN EN VOORDELEN
A DIY printer with professional results.
Hephestos 2 is our second DIY (Do it yourself) printer. Hephestos is based on the Prusa i3, one of the most popular models in the RepRap community. With the latest version, we have evolved it to create a professional printer, while maintaining the spirit of the original. We have opted for a new design that enables us to achieve a larger printing volume, reaching (X) 210mm x (Y) 297mm x (Z) 220mm.
Materials and design, the key to stability.
The Hephestos 2 is a highly stable printer. To achieve this, we have replaced the printed plastic parts with metallic ones. The use of aluminium and steel provide a professional finish and a more robust structure. These materials are combined with semi-transparent polymethacrylate parts that partially conceal the internal mechanism of the printer. It also has three support points and a retractable leg, which moves on the Z axis to adjust the height and stabilise the printer.
3, 2, 1… Print!
Our goal was to enable you to have the Hephestos 2 assembled and ready to print in less than 2 hours. The parts have been designed with this in mind; reducing the quantity of additional components to a minimum and optimising the packaging for your convenience and to make them easier to recognise. The end result is a printer with elegant lines and a fast and effective setup.
If you can imagine it, you can print it.
Hephestos 2 can print 3D pieces with the majority of the materials available on the market, such as bronze, wood or copper filament. This is all thanks to the new extruder, which is 100% designed by BQ and includes a Double Drive Gear traction system. This component consists of two gearwheels that press and pull the filament along through the Hot-End with optimum traction and grip. This way, the Hephestos 2 can easily print with flexible materials such as FilaFlex.
New inductor sensor for maximum precision.
To achieve flawless results, the extruder must always work at a specific distance from the bed. The Hephestos 2 includes a new inductive sensor that measures this distance precisely. The sensor is made of an electric coil that creates a magnetic field. When the bed moves closer to the field, the sensor detects it at a certain distance away and advises the user once it has reached the correct position via a small red LED. This enables the levelling to be done manually with maximum precision. It also comes with an auto-levelling option, where the sensor measures the angle of inclination and adjusts the movement of the motors accordingly to achieve a perfect print, even on a sloping surface.
100% BQ electronics.
All the main electronic components of the Hephestos 2 have been integrated into a single board: the Zum Mega 3D. This component has been developed by BQ and includes new features and a micro-USB connection. It also improves the heat dissipation and control of the printer motors. In addition, we have developed the electronic control for the new graphic LCD, which has an even more intuitive interface to simplify the user experience.
Share, improve, evolve.
At BQ, we believe in co-creation and the Open Source Initiative. We contribute our knowledge to the Technological Heritage of Humanity so that others can use it, make it grow and share it back. We believe that this knowledge is unlimited, and that´s why both the firmware and hardware of the Hephestos 2 are 100% open source.
- PRINTING SPEED
- Maximum: up to 200 mm/s* *Subject to materials, profiles and software used.
- OPERATING CONDITIONS
- Optimum operating temperature range 15 ºC to 25 ºC.
- Very high - 50 microns High - 100 microns Medium - 200 microns Low - 300 microns
- Product without PLA spool: (x)450 x (y)516 x (z)571 mm (static) (x)450 x (y)605 x (z)571 mm (dynamic) Product with PLA spool: (x)450 x (y)516 x (z)661 mm (static) (x)450 x (y)605 x (z)661 mm (dynamic)
- Enclosure: (x)627 x (y)465 x (z)207 mm Printable area: (x)210 x (y)297 x (z)220 mm
- 1.75 mm diameter filament: PLA, wood, bronze, cooper and FilaFlex
- EXTRUDER MECHANICS
- Own design extruder with Double Drive Gear traction setting and filament guide to maintain compatibility with flexible or soft filaments. 0.4 mm nozzle for 1.75 mm filament Finned dissipator with axial fan controlled by firmware (low noise) Cooling blower Sensor specifically designed for 3D printing (auto-levelling)
- GENERAL MECHANICS
- Powder-coated aluminium base and frame Hard chromed bars for the Y axis Lineal ball bearing for the Y axis Recirculating ball bearing guides with flat runner for the X and Z axes Cable chain Flexible couplings for the screwed rods of the Z axis 3-point print bed levelling system with shock absorber Rapid system for changing print bed
- BQ Zum Mega 3D controller BQ Zum Inductive Sensor to aid levelling of the bed BQ Zum LCD Smart Controller graphical interface 100K thermistor on the hot-end Heater cartridge: 40 W, 12 V
- Marlin-derived firmware New features: auto-levelling, manual levelling using inductive sensor exclusively designed for 3D printing, power-saver system Improved user interface Recommended environment: Cura Software, slic3r, Repetier, Kisslicer Files accepted: .gcode Compatible operating systems: Windows XP or later, Linux and Mac OS X or later
- SD card reader Type B micro-USB port
- BOX CONTENTS
- Assembly guide Warranty and FAQ Structural elements 4 GB SD card (with preloaded 3D example models) 5 spare PTFE tubes 2 cleaning needles Spatula Gloves
- Product: 13,72 Kg~
- Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike
- HEATED BED KIT
- DimensionsBox ContentsCharacteristicsWeight
- 1600 g
- Power: 160W Warmup time (50ºC): ~2min. Warmup time (100ºC): ~11min. Warmup time (110ºC): ~20min. Maximum temperature: 110ºC
- 1x Power supply 24V 160W 1x 5 pin right angle connector 1x EU AC cable 1m 4x Acrylic spacer 1x Control board 2x Screw M2.5x12 DIN912 zink 1xHeatbed PCB 220x305mm 8x Black bridle 1x Power cable 609mm 2x Clip to guide cables 1x Signal cable 650mm 15x Round bumper foot
- 347x281x58 mm